Monday 27 January 2014

Monday Musings Grab Bag

Below is a completely random collection of links, I hope you find one that piques your interest.

Art Fido - Photographic Series Showing What 200 Calories Looks Like in Different Foods

After using tools like MyFitnessPal to track my food and exercise, I have a fairly good sense of how many calories certain foods contain - especially the ones I eat regularly.  But, this photo series can be a little shocking when you actually see 200 calories on a plate - the Hershey Kisses and peanut butter were a particular let down.  On the other hand, that mountain of celery was shocking - I can't even begin to imagine eating all of that!

a pair & a space - Travel: My Favourite Books

As an avid reader and someone who loves to travel, I just loved the idea of this post and I appreciated the nod to Newfoundland with The Shipping News.

Living Low Carb - The Most Important Supplement for Your Health

You have probably noticed references throughout some of my posts to my love for probiotics.  I cannot imagine trying to cope with IBS without them.  This is quite an extensive post that explains some of the science behind what probiotics can do for your body and how certain foods like sugar can disrupt your gut flora.

No comments:

Post a Comment