Monday 23 September 2013

Monday Musings: Week 8

I have officially succumbed to the temptation.  I have had a gluten-filled weekend.  Honestly, I couldn't take it any more; I was dreaming of it, I was skipping meals because there was nothing I felt like eating unless it was filled with gluten.  I have had pizza, garlic fingers and baguette.  And they were all flipping-amazing.  How do I feel?  Honestly, my guts revolted on the weekend; however, I don't believe gluten is to blame.  This has been a weekend of indulgence that started with a Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire Friday night catch-up session, a great night turned fabulous thanks to our favourite pizza joint.  I broke at the thought of consuming a gluten-free pizza, I couldn't bring myself to do it.  So, I wildly ate cheesy dough with garlic and pineapple and tomato sauce  - and I loved it.  The weekend continued with Garlic Fest, drinks with friends and more melted cheese.

Oddly enough, today has been the calmest IBS day in recent memory.  The jury is still out as to whether or not gluten is to blame for some of my other symptoms (chronic pain, inflammation, etc.), but my suspicions suggest no.

So, away from my gluten tangent and back on topic - today's musings ...

Successful Blog - 5 (more) Apps That Make My Business Life Easier

I have been following Liz Strauss since I joined Twitter, I often find great posts on her blog and valuable content through her Twitter feed.  This particular post features useful apps for your professional life. Since reading this post I have been trying out Sunrise Calendar and 30/30.  I find myself putting more into the calendar just to see if those cute little icons pop up!

The Sartorialist - On the Street - Astor Place, New York

I joined Bloglovin' a few months back and have found tons of new-to-me blogs, this being one of them.  The clotheshorse in me is drawn to Scott Schuman's images.  This one I really loved, both for the outfit and for the story behind the woman.  This image left me wondering who she was talking to and whether or not she had any idea she was being photographed.

theKitchn (Apartment Therapy) - 5 Very Real, Very Sad Lunches from Sad Desk Lunch

This post is just plain hilarious - I could not believe some of these - mainly the fries and bourbon - lunch of champions!  This was my laugh of the day and hopefully yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment